Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Body Music



I'm a huge nerd. I'll admit it. I've seen every.single.episode. of Buffy, Babylon Five (it was on my husband's "required viewing before marriage" list), and Firefly. We once flew to Burbank just to see a taping of The Big Bang Theory. It was awesome.

And I must confess, I own this T-Shirt. My husband gave it to me for my birthday. This year.


And I also listen to NPR. The other day I heard this amazing piece on the Brazilian body music group Barbatuques. I am constantly amazed at how wonderful the human body is. All the things that it can do and sense and know. Listening to this group make beautiful music with only their bodies for instruments. It was captivating. And their joy in making art is infectious. I love how the interviewer was so excited he jumped right in and started making rhythm sounds of his own.

We are beautiful. We can do great things. And we can do them now. Jump right in!


PS-If you listen all the way to the end of the interview you can hear a description of how to make Cameron Frye's "wupt" noise from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. See I told you I'm a nerd.

No comments: