Friday, August 6, 2010

Vegas Baby!

Some times it just takes a change in perspective. Beauty is all around us. It just takes a moment to stop and remember. Remember who we are, what we love, and what we work so hard for.

On a recent trip to Vegas I wanted to be free. So I decided to try something new. I left the Nikon at home and just used the Hipstomatic app on my phone. I love how the images it creates are part skill and part serendipity. I quickly learned that what you see in the "viewfinder" is only a part of what is captured in the image. You get to choose where you point your camera, but you're never quite sure how it will all turn out. It was great to just be able to let go. To see what would develop. To just see the beautiful details and not try so very hard to get it all "right." And in the end it all worked out to be more than the sum of it's parts.






















No comments: